Sunday, August 8, 2010

Market Day


Here is my display of veggies at the Renfrew Market.  It was really quite cool out this particular morning and we tried to keep warm till the sun came out.  There was a really good turn out and we met a lot of new people and saw some good friends as well.  My son Caden came along to experience the market scene and help me out.  We also turned it into a fun math lesson as he did most of the money handling.  He learned the lost skill of counting money backwards to hand customers their change.  Many commented how people don't do this anymore as everything has gone electronic!  I don't think he realized how much work goes into getting everything ready.  By 11:00 am I could see the drooping eyes and how slow he had got.  Good thing for afternoon nap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment